I had this huge idea planned for her party. Her colors were pink and green and I did a polka-dot theme. Although at times it was really stressful, it was a lot of fun doing the decorations and the food. My really good friend and next door neighbor, Ada Munk, helped me so much with everything. If it wasn't for her, it wouldn't have turned out as amazing as it did. Here are some of the decorations:POM POMs: Have you seen these? They're the new thing. And the best part is that they are super easy to make! Go HERE if you want to learn how.

The credit for this cute birthday banner goes to KayLa and my sister Kimberly. KayLa cut out the letters with her cricut. Super cute, eh? Kimberly is the one who put it all together. Pretty much amazing.

These took a lot longer than I had planned. Ray helped a lot in putting them up and hanging them from the ceiling. I blew over 100 balloons about a week before the party. I'm pretty happy they didn't shrink until after the party.
The food turned out amazing. It was super good! My mother-in-law made those cute popcorn balls in the white basket. My mother made the yummy frappe stuff - oh its sooo good. People mostly serve it at a wedding. The cake and cupcakes turned out ok. I'm excited to make Ray's cake soon so I can try my hand again at fondant. We'll see how that works out.
Ada made those yummy bruschettas. I think I ate like half a plate. Oh they were so good. And then the dark red pan is little smokies. I wanted to give you all the recipes to these amazingly delicious food, but the way I make them are very different from the recipes online. So if you want a recipe, just ask.

The last item of food was fondue. We had milk and white chocolate. Super good!

We had quite the house full of people. During present time, Mady just sat not really knowing what to do.

We appreciate everyone for giving her such cute cute gifts! Barb, my mother-in-law, actually made Mady this cute lamb. Isn't it amazing! She loves it!
My mother-in-law also had a cute idea of making Mady a quilt, and have everyone write on a quilt block something sweet for Mady. Here's what some of them look like:
And of course we can't forget some cake pictures! Mady just kinda sat there looking at the cake, not knowing what to do. So we had to help her a little bit. But then after tasting it, she dived right in!

We are so blessed to have Mady! She always lifts my spirits when I'm down and makes us laugh all the time at the new things she is learning. We love her so much. Happy birthday Mady!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.