1. Getting Pregnant
We started school in January in a nice little apartment right across the street from the school. It was a one bedroom/one bathroom apartment. But it was perfect for us. I loved living close to the school to be able to walk everyday. Our biggest surprise came when I played an April fools joke on Ray and having it actually be true. I made him believe I was pregnant, only to find out a week later that I really was. It was unexpected and we weren't quite sure what to think at first. But we soon became excited of the thought of a new little baby in addition to our family. We made plans for the baby to come in December a few days before our one year anniversary. It would be a new adventure for us and we started to prepare for it.
2. Moving to Lindon
During the semester we were trying to decide whether to stay in Cedar for the summer or move to Lindon and live with Ray's parents. I, of course, tried to fight it. I still was new to his family and didn't feel accepted yet. I thought of living with his family for an entire summer scared me to death. But in the end, we decided it would be cheaper and better for us. It was hard at first, and most of the time I didn't interact with his family. But as time passed, I felt more comfortable with them. It was a great learning experience for me and I grew to love them. I found myself wanting to be with them more and more and able to act myself around them. They taught me many things and helped mine and Ray's relationship grow.
3. Getting Pregnant Again!


Our biggest hardship during the summer was in May, when I miscarried. It was a hard thing for not only us but our friends and family. We soon found ourselves looking on the bright side of things. I would be able to finish school and have my degree. We weren't ready for kids yet and both of us agreed that we would wait until I was done with my bachelors before we started thinking about kids again. Of course, God had other things on his mind. By the end of June, I was pregnant again. All our carefulness was in vain, it only took one time of missing and bam I'm pregnant. We decided not to announce this time and wait until we were sure this was going to be a full term pregnancy. I was about 4 months pregnant before we told anyone. We found out it was a little girl and the above picture is me at 15 weeks. Our due date is April 1st. Ironic isn't it. Haha. This pregnancy has been really hard on both me and Ray. I have been sick all through out. Its been hard, trying to juggle school and all. But only 4 more weeks and I sick free! I'll just be tired out of my mind.
4. A New Car
Ray and I bought a new car during the summer. Ray always wanted a subaru, so that's what we got. I, however, thought we should get a more expensive car, nicer looking and all. But we didn't have the money, nor is it ever a good idea to give in to my wants. But our little subaru has been giving us a lot of trouble lately. We've been looking into selling it and getting a new one, a more expensive one. So maybe this is an exception to the rule of giving in to my wants.
5. Our California Trip
Working at HomeDepo and being pregnant is not my ideal life. I hated working there! Pregnancy just made everything worse. I wanted to get away. Ray was all too happy to oblige. As we did need a week with just us, away from everything. We planned a trip to six flags and then to California on the beach. It was most relaxing and wonderful! I loved just being with Ray and remembering all the reasons why I fell in love with him. Six Flags was amazing, except for the fact that after 6 hours of fun, you get so worn out. Our subaru did great on its first long road trip. It was definitely worth it. It was something Ray and I needed too.
6. Lake Powell

Ray's family has a houseboat that they use each year at lake powell. I was so excited to go as was the rest of the family. But if I knew ahead of time what it was going to be like, I would have stayed home. It was the most miserable trip of my life and it was all because of my pregnancy. I felt so awful during the trip I made everyone else not enjoy it either. Ray was so sweet the whole time in trying to help me. I, however, was a ornery girl the whole time. I felt bad for his family, they didn't know what was wrong and why I was acting how I was. We finally told them that I was pregnant, as we had no choice. I didn't want them thinking I was acting like a "b" for no reason. They all were more understanding after that. This year will be ten times better! I won't be sick :)
7. Moving Back to Cedar
Moving is so stressful I decided. We have way too much stuff to begin with. But the good news is that we got into scholarship housing, meaning no rent. Its been such a blessing to us. I don't know how we could have made rent payments on top of all the other expenses we have. God is sure looking out for us. We are a lot farther away from campus than we used to be. Our apartment is also bigger. Two bedrooms each equipped with a bathroom and walk in closet. We love it and hope to stay as long as we can.
8. Our First Year Anniversary
It's hard to think we have been married a year already! But then its hard to think that we haven't been together our whole lives. Funny huh. Ray booked us a night at the bed and breakfast we stayed in during our honeymoon. It's in Manti, called Yardley Inn. It is gorgeous! We love it. My favorite part about it, is that it has this gigantic jacuzzi hot tub in our room. Ahhhh pure bliss right there. The only problem is that it's really expensive. It was most wonderful though.
9. Christmas!


Christmas was so fun this year! We got to be with both of our families. We spent christmas even with my family and then in the morning after presents were opened we drove up to his family's house and spent time with them. It was a great break. I went a little overboard on the decorations this year. But I wanted it to be special. And even though Ray complained while putting them up, I do believe he loved it when it was all up and looking beautiful. We had the decorations stay up for quite sometime. Jemma came home from Japan after being there for the entire fall semester. We got to spend christmas with her. It was great having the whole family there. We loved it.
Well there you have it. The highlights of 2009. It was a great year! It will be interesting to see how this year pans out with the baby. We'll keep you posted though.
Wahoo!!! you started up a blog!!! I loved your first post!!!
ReplyDeleteHey I love your blog! I can't wait to see pictures of your new baby!
ReplyDeleteElisabeth
Thanks Niki and Elisabeth! So I only just found out that you can comment on posts and how to check them. Its hard learning all this new stuff about blogs. But I'm getting better! And Elisabeth, you better visit when your down here for graduation, same with Britt! :)
ReplyDelete