Saturday, October 9, 2010

Mady is 6 Months

Ok so I have put this off for so long because I wanted to go in for Mady's six month check up so I could get her weight and height. She was six months last weekend. Can you believe that I've had this little girl for half a year!? Yeah I'm still trying to grasp that. I forgot Mady's weight and height the past few month so here they are:

4 Months
Weight: 10.15 lbs. (33%)
Height : 23" (54%)
5 Months
Weight: 13.11 lbs. (28%)
Height: 24" (43%)
6 Months
Weight: 15.4 lbs (29%)
Height: 25" (22%)

So I'm guessing she got some Japanese genes on Ray's side of the family looking at her height. She is gaining some weight though - its probably the baby food we're feeding her. She's growing so fast. I can't believe it. Especially when I see newborns. I'm like how in the world did Mady get this big. Ray says things like, "How did this girl fit inside you? There's just no way now." Thank goodness. Can you believe those people who pop out 10-14 lbs. babies?? That's a miracle inside a miracle.

And my goodness does she love love love her baby food! I was a little worried because she didn't like her rice that much - even when I put some taste in it, like apple juice. Her face was pretty funny though - "What are you feeding me? This takes awful!"


This is her first time eating rice :

So after a week of rice, we tried some baby food. We started her on vegetables first so she would like them and hopefully eat them when she was older. I'll probably give her some fruit when she's about 8 months. She is also noticing that whatever me and Ray put in our mouths is food. And she'll immediately reach for it. So being the strict mother I am, I'll let her suck on things. She really likes tomatoes. Weird eh? I only just started liking tomatoes just last year. But I decided that I'm going to make her eat things that I absolutely despise. Like PB&J's for example, or tuna, chili, or that ooui don poop noodle stuff that Ray's parents make or mo chi. And all that other Japanese stuff.

Anyways on to what this girl can do! Mady has been on such a good schedule....well before we went to St. George with Ray's family that is. She takes two naps - a morning and then an afternoon. She then will go to sleep at 7:00 and sleep until 2-3 in the morning. Ray and I have become a good team when this happens. He'll get the bottle ready while I change her diaper. She then goes back to sleep until 7-8. Awww its sooo nice. I don't get to see Ray that much due to school and his job. So when he comes home at night we get some alone time to talk or have a little date (watching hulu in bed or doing homework together). I love it.

Mady now has two teeth! About two weeks ago she got a low grade fever and was a bit fussy. So I could only guess that it was a tooth coming in. But I have heard that it can take quite a while. So I was prepared for a fussy baby for quite sometime. But sweet Mady was only ornery for two days and then she was a complete angel. So I forgot about it until just a week ago when my mother-in-law, Barb, felt two teeth. Not just one but two! Now, I can't help but think more are coming, as she is becoming fussy again. But maybe teeth hurt while there still coming through?

Mady is such a happy smiley baby. Its quite easy to tell when she's feeling under the weather. She's made it quite easy to wake up in the middle of the night to go get her, or in the morning, or when she wakes up from her naps. You can hear her goo-ing to herself. And when you walk in to go get her, when she sees you, she becomes ecstatic. She starts grinning and kicking her legs and flapping her arms. How could you be mad at a face like that!? Oh, I love it.

So me and Mady play this fun game. I growl at her and try to scare her. She used to get scared (like in this video) and then when she saw that it was me, she'd laugh. But now she just growls back. Its pretty cute. I'll try and catch her growling on video on of these times.


Mady is definitely my child. She loves her baths! When we let her, she will play in her tub for 30 min or more. The longest was an hour (my baths usually last 1-3 hours). I love this video and how Mady splashes in the tub. She used to just like to lick the tub water from her hands and sometimes put her face in it. But now she's learning that she can have fun by splashing. She's so funny.

Mady is also attempting to crawl. She gets so frustrated with herself when she can't get to something. So she'll get into the crawling position and just stay there, trying to decide how to get to her toy or whatever. So after a couple of minutes, she'll just fall onto her belly and then cry till we come get her (since she still hasn't mastered the rolling technique). Since this video, she now has learned to go from her stomach back into a sitting position. She is learning so fast! I just don't know if I'm ready for her to be mobile just yet....


In the past little bit we have had some crazy adventures. Our first one was going to Ephraim to help my family out with a HUMONGOUS yard sale. My little brother Aaron did his eagle project, but in order to raise money to pay for it, he decided to do a yard sale. Over 30 families donated to the cause......which was all very generous yes, but it made for a TON of work for us. Not to mention how much junk we had to go through. I wish I had gotten a picture of all the clothes I had to go through. The grossest part though, was that some of the boxes of clothes had rat poop, bugs, and old food in with them. Yep, I pretty much felt like I had rabies. I think I took like 5 showers a day. Thank goodness for soap. In the end we did earn over $200 (which was what Aaron needed to pay for the project), but we still ended up with A LOT of stuff. I'm still not quite sure what my mom did with it all. D.I. or garbage I'm guessing. It was nice to be home, even though we worked the whole time. Just being with my family was a nice change from the school life. My family was so happy Mady was there. She was fought over quite a bit. I also got this really cute video of Mady playing the piano. I only wish I could have found the camera sooner to get her singing and playing. But this is still pretty cute.

Our next big adventure involved going down to St. George with Ray's family conference weekend. Ray's dad Joe, runs in the marathon each year. This was his 19th year! Crazy eh?? It has become a tradition in the family that they rent one hotel room for the whole family and go shopping and whatnot. Well even though the family has added 4 people, we're still just in one hotel room. The nice thing about the room is that it does have 3 queen size beds....but it still puts people on the floor. So as you can guess I was a little hesitant to go. Especially with Mady. Since Mady goes to bed at seven, I knew there was no way to keep 10+ people quiet with her sleeping. So in the end we compromised. I made everyone go to bed at 9:00 sharp. Yes, so what if I was a little drastic? For all you mother's out there, you know why its so important you keep your child on the same schedule. Mady was quite ornery, but at least she wasn't unbearable. Needless to say, the siblings got quite frustrated with my strict bedtime and with her naps schedule (during her naps I wouldn't let anyone in the room). But none of them have kids, so I they don't really understand the importance. But I have decided that next year, Ray and I will not being sleeping there with the family. Mady is off her schedule ever since we came back. She now wakes up every 4 hours. (I have a newborn again! ARGH) Maybe the parents will get another hotel room because of how big our family is. But then again Ethan will be on his mission and Jemma and Jacob may be in Japan. I will be sad when Ethan leaves. When he gets back, Mady will be 3! So weird. Oh I'm getting sad, I'm done talking about this.

So despite everyone being mad at me, it was quite fun. On Saturday, we always get up early to go watch Joe finish the race. He did really good - just over 3 hours. Here's a picture of Joe running to the finish line.This is Joe with Mady after the race. And no that's not all his sweat, is just the water he ran through at the end.
So while Joe goes and does all his after the race stuff, the rest of us go shopping. They had some great sales going on at Oshkosh and Mady needed some winter clothes. Barb also got Mady some cute books that she is just going to love. After we're done shopping we head back to the hotel, eat some lunch and then go swimming. So we took Mady swimming for the first time. This is her cute swimming suit I got her for .50 cents at a yard sale. (Note: I don't really like little girls wearing bikini's, but I didn't want to pay $20 to get a nice one so I ended up finding this. So it will have to do until I find another more modest one)Mady loved the water. She loved kicking her legs. But Mady liked the hottub best (just like her Mom). When the bubbles were on, I would set her on the edge right above one spot where there bubbles would splash onto her legs. She's never had a problem with hot water. Even when she was little, if her bath was warm she would scream. That's my girl! :)




It was nice to come home, but we loved seeing the parents and spending time with them. Here's eveyone in the room minus Naketa (Joey's wife) and her friend Jessica and then Joe is taking the picture. (Barb, Jacob, Joey, Jemma - behind Joey, Shay, Ethan, Mady, and Ray)

And here's a cute picture of Barb and Mady - so precious!

So Mady already has a boyfriend! Start 'em young haha. This is her and her boy-toy.
Mady loves her stroller rides. She won't fall asleep though. She'll just be amazed by everything around her. Here's Ray ready to go on a run with her:

Do you like her cute tiger outfit? I thought it was so adorable I just had to get it. And for only a dollar? I think so. Here's some better pictures of it - it reminds me of the book Where the Wild Things Are:
So with all the yard sales I hit, I had to take pictures to show off her cute outfits. Here's some pictures of her cute outfits.


Here's some other random pictures of my little girl:

She's almost tall enough to reach the floor - she really likes her walker.
This is when we were at the doctors office. She thought the wheel was so much fun to play with.Mady always had a hard time being in her carseat when we would go to the store. She loves looking around and her carseat constricted her movement and looking. So now I just put her in the shopping cart, which she absolutely loves. These two pictures crack me up everytime. This first one is Mady's face half of the time.
This second one is just hilarious. Ray was quick enough to get it on camera. Haha
So one day Ray and I were cleaning the kitchen and Mady woke up before we were done. So Ray got her and put her in the other room. After about 5 minutes of not hearing anything. I went in to see what she was doing. And this is what I found. Doesn't it remind you of a fat guy lounging?
One morning Mady and I woke up to hot air balloons. Mady was so amazed by them. I can't even begin to tell how much of a help Ray is. He always seems to know when I need it the most. Whether is because of homework or because I want to clean or anything. He takes Mady and goes and plays with her or puts her down for a nap. One day I had my study group over and Mady needed to take a nap. Ray took her from me and went to go put her down. I hadn't heard anything for about a half hour so I went to go check what was going on and this is what I found. Cute I know. Mady has brought so much joy into our lives. I thank the Lord everyday for trusting us with such a sweet spirit. I love you Mady!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.