skip to main |
skip to sidebar
My Late Halloween Post
Now that schools over, I finally have some time to myself to blog again! It has been quite a while I know. So I will probably try to catch up by doing A LOT of posts - for my sake - since this will someday become a book.
I decided to start with Halloween. Since I think my last post was just before or something like that. Halloween this year was different but still fun. We didn't go to Ephraim like we usually do, we just stayed in Cedar City. I had plans for Mady and me to be fairies and then Ray be our Peter Pan, but I couldn't find anything green for Ray to wear. Not to mention that if I did he would even cooperate with me. So the day of Halloween, we made plans with our neighbors, the Batty's, and decided to go trick or treating to a few houses and then eat dinner and do a movie. I got Mady in her cute outfit:
Pardon the bad quality of the picture - its from my phone. After Mady was all cute, I started on my fairy costume. I had Katie Batty to do my hair (she is an amazing cosmetologist!) seeing how I'm scared of the curling iron but wanted my hair curly. She did an amazing job...but of course I ruined it by trying to spray my hair pink. It looked awful. But I didn't want to ask her to do it again. So just ignore the hair.
So I must dote on my husband. I wanted to make sugar cookies and decorate them all cute. I had already made some cupcakes that turned out pretty good. (Sorry I did take pictures but I can't find them) I had done a few cookies but then wanted to get myself ready so Ray did the rest. Look at what an amazing job he did!

He definitely gets the best husband award. My favorite was the witch he made. Can you see her? Anyways so the whole day I was telling Ray to find a costume - "Go to D.I. or something." "Ray, you are going to dress up" "Ray! Go find a costume!" As he was finding a costume the Batty's came over with their little girl, Lilly, dressed up as a pumpkin. So cute. And we had to take pictures of our two little girls. Here's one where both of them are looking at the camera:
And in this one, Lilly is smiling - a little so I had to put it up.
Neither Katie or T.J. were dressed up so we found them so costumes as well. We had them dressed up as a Japanese couple complete with a happy coat and kimono. Sad to say, I didn't get a picture of them. I don't know what I was thinking. So right before we were heading out the door to go trick-or-treating, Ray comes out in his costume. I guess he was going for the rocker, he had his hair in a mo-hawk and he had a Dream Theater shirt on. I tried to get him to be more convincing and got him some black fingernail polish, eye liner, and some skinny jeans. But he wouldn't let me do anything but the eye liner. And even that took quite some convincing. At last we were ready to go! Here's our ...... weird pictures:


The weather was so cold so we ended up just going to 5 or 6 houses. Mady was so cute. She would grab a piece of candy from the bowl the neighbors had and then put it in her bucket. I should of videoed it. Oh well. Our last stop was at my friends house. (Who wasn't home! ;) haha) but I wanted at least some pictures of Mady in action...if you can call it action. 
How cute is she!? Such a doll. After we headed home to eat some yummy soup and home made soup bowls. Then we sat down and watched Two Weeks Notice (I know, very halloween-ish eh?) And then headed to bed. It was a good Halloween. Definitely one to remember. Oh and next year, I totally going to make these! Aren't they cute! Got the idea from this girl.
Happy Late ......VERY Late Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.