Sunday, April 15, 2012

Madelynn's Second Birthday

I cannot believe my little girl is two! TWO! I can't believe she's that old already. We had a really fun birthday for her though. She is obsessed with Yo Gabba Gabba and so we decided to have that as her theme this year. I didn't go all out like I did last year, mostly due to school and not enough time. But I was able to do some decorations for her. I didn't get a picture of her room decorations before I took them down but I took the idea from the picture with the balloons and tablecloths. It turned out cute.I was a little upset by the way her cake turned out and by the near end I was so fed up with it I didn't even bother putting more effort into the characters. But when Mady saw it in the morning she was so excited and knew exactly what I was trying to do. It was a little humbling for me. I was putting in so much work and getting so upset over something that was meant for her and she loved it even though I thought it looked awful. And really that is all that really matters - that she knew what it was. I don't make the best cakes in the world and I think I've come to terms with that. I hope to someday take a cake class that will fix that. But seeing her so happy over something I thought was horrid really helped me to see past my stupidity. I had a lot of fun deciding the different foods to make for her party. I thought it would be fun to use her colors (red, pink, green, yellow, blue) as to what to make for the refreshments. So for red I made smokies and salsa, pink was an icecream sherbert drink and jello salad, green was a green salad and a veggie tray, yellow was deviled eggs and chips, and then blue was jello jigglers. I also made a fruit tray with all the different kinds of colors. My friend Ada and her mom made the "Brobee" veggie tray for me. It turned out so cute!Here's a few pictures that I did take on the day of her party - unfortunately there's really not that many. But oh well. Notice her cute outfit though. I bought her a Yo Gabba Gabba shirt with the number two on it and then I made the tutu for her. I think it turned out great. She absolutely loves her shirt. She'd wear it everyday if I let her.Mady was given a TON of wonderful gifts that she loves! I wasn't able to get a picture of all her presents on that day. I decided that from now on I will take a picture with her sitting with all her presents so that we will be able to remember everything she was given that year for birthdays and for Christmas. But for now, you get pictures that I took just today haha. I had my Dad make Mady a kitchen set from an old entertainment center. He did such an amazing job! I still need to find a picture for the frame and then get some curtains in there so it looks like a window but that's a ways down on my priority list. It has been by far her favorite present. She LOVES washing her hands, her dishes, making food for her babies, cooking the food and stirring it. She spends hours just in there with her babies, which really helps me out. One of my favorite features of it, is the storage space. We keep all her books, miscellaneous toys, anything really in the fridge part. All the other drawers we use for her dishes and play food and so forth. But man do we love it!Mady was also given a princess table set, princess organizer and chair, princess baby highchair, bed, doll and stroller, tricycle, stuffed animals, a horse, bubbles, clothes (my favorite gifts!), and probably a whole bunch of other stuff I forgot. She also was given a fish, which we named Topher. She loves watching her fish, feeding it, saying hi. Its pretty darn cute. I will get a picture of him soon, but its one of those pretty beta fishes. Love it! Doesn't she look so grown up? Makes me sad. On her real birthday (the 26th) we took her out to McDonalds and let her run around there. She loves it so much. Everytime we go somewhere she always asks to go to McDonalds. She's not real big on the food (who is?), but she loves the playplace. And apparently so does my Mom and I. Haha, kids at heart!

Mady had such a great birthday and I want to thank everyone for making it such a special day for her! I love you so much Madelynn. You are turning into such a smart beautiful little girl and I couldn't be more proud to be your mother. You always know how to bring a smile to my face with everything you say and do. You are learning so quickly and amaze us by the things you catch on to. We love you so much! Happy birthday Madelynn Shay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.