The past few weeks have been challenging and yet wonderful. I really enjoy the time I spend with my daughter. Although somedays I go crazy being inside all day long, because its too cold to take Mady out. My favorite time of day is when Ray comes home. The first thing he does is kiss me then take Mady from me and somehow gets her to go to sleep. Then we enjoy each others company by doing homework together, eating, and watching a movie or an episode.
Today, I felt really guilty when Ray got home. He was two hours later than when he said he'd be home and Mady had been fussy all day. I wasn't able to get anything done. I couldn't wait for Ray to get home so I could give Mady to him and let him deal with her. But when he walked in the door all those thoughts vanished. I never stopped to think what he was doing for me and Mady. Everyday he spends 8 hours + at the school working, going to classes, and studying. And then he comes home to a (on such days as today) a messy house, a fussy baby, and a cranky wife. And yet he still shows how much he loves both of us despite how long of a day he's had. It was very humbling. He always shows me ways to better myself, even when he doesn't know it. God must love me more than ever to give me such a wonderful man to spend eternity with. Next time I have a day like today, I will be counting my blessings.
A few highlights since the last time I blogged:
Mady loves baths, just like her Mom. I can't wait till we move into our new apartment in a month. It has a bath tub! It'll be a lot easier to bathe Mady and I will enjoy it as well....ahhh pure bliss! I get so excited just thinking about it.
Mady also likes laying in front of our heater, also just like her Mom. She falls asleep on her blanket in front of it. The only problem is she wakes up a little bit after the heater turns off.
You can always tell when Mady is going poop. She has this face that is so adorable! Her face turns almost purple too from pushing so hard. Its hilarious. Here's some pictures of her "poop face":
Mady also has a blow out problem. Just the other day she had a huge blow out right before I was going to head out the door with her. It was leaking out of her carseat onto the floor that's how bad it was. My favorite day was when she had a blow out to start the day off (bath #1), then as soon as I get out of the shower, she throws up on me (bath #2), then when I take her out of the bath, she pees on me (bath #3), then after that bath she pees on the towel (I don't know how she generated that much pee in that short while). My we had such a fun day. But I think the best was when I needed some help with my calculus so I took her to the school with me to the tutor lab. She woke up and was content to just sitting on my lap, which should have been a hint. Well she had a blow out all over me. My shirt, undershirt, and garment top was saturated. I packed an extra outfit for her, but not for me (Now I know, better). One of the tutors who saw it all happen, came over to me and gave me her shirt to wear, since she had two on. I didn't even know her! Definitely a Godsent saint. Because of her, I didn't smell like pooh at my sister-in-laws bridal shower.
So I want to put in here that most of the stuff I write is for me to remember so I can embarrass my little girl when she's older. May I also add to why the fact my husband is so amazing....while blogging I burnt my cinnamon rolls (and yes I was watching the time, our oven cooks fast), so he went to the store to grab me some because I was really saddened over the fact that they were now garbage. He is too good for me. Love, love, love him!
Ok now my break is over and I must get off facebook and this blog and do the rest of my homework and eat some yummy cinnamon rolls. Here's some of my favorite pictures of my little girl. Enjoy!
She's so cute!! Congratulations Shay!
ReplyDelete