Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Busy But Wonderful Week

The past two weeks Ray, Mady, and I went up north to visit our families. Our main reason for going up was for 3 weddings, a baby shower, 2 farewells, 2 baby blessings, and my best friend's endowment. So it was a very eventful. It was fun to stay a while with our families. Ray and I actually got to go on a few dates without Mady. My mom was all too happy to pay for our dates and shove us out the door to spend time with her granddaughter. We also got with our friends from both ends. Alicia, Leisl, and Sariah came to visit while down in Ephraim. And then at Ray's we had Brandon and Annie come visit. It was also fun for both me and Ray to go to Kenny and Jillaye's bachelor and bachelorette party. It was nice to have some girl time, as I'm sure Ray enjoyed his boy time all too well.

The only bad thing about the trip was Ray's temple recommend expired. So we weren't able to go to any of our friend's sealings nor to the temple to do a session. I did however go to my friend Leisl's endowment without Ray. I wouldn't have missed that for the world. I'm so proud of Leisl. She's going on her mission to Barcelona, Spain; spanish speaking. I will miss her dearly, but I know that the people in Spain need her more than I do. We have whole summer before she leaves, so I plan on spending a lot of time with her. It will be fun.

Kenny and Jillaye had a most wonderful wedding. It was gorgeous! Kenny and Jillaye met clear back in 2004, their senior year in highschool, and started dating. Through all these years they finally got married. Both of them went on missions and waited for each other. Their story is like a fairytale. So cute. Here's some pictures of the happy couple.





Oh, and I must give a shout out to our dear friends Annie and Brandon! It was their one year anniversary the same day as Kenny and Jillaye's wedding. They are such a cute couple! Love love love them to pieces!!

I also got to do my sister in law, Jemma's, hair for her bridals. I thought it turned out pretty good for only have an hour and a half to do it. I don't have pictures yet, but I'll snag a few once her photographer is done with them.

It was such a carefree and relaxing week, aside from all the events we had going on. Now, that we're back home we have to buckle down. One of my classes started and I'm determine to finish that one as soon as I can. My professor said he'll open it up for me which will be great. Ray is still trying to find a job. He has the one at the school but there is no way we could get by with making $250 a month. With buying a new car, paying for all of Mady's expenses, plus school....yeah we need another job. So hopefully the places Ray applied for will let us know soon.

We're moving into our new apartment next week! I'm so excited. Only for the bathtub, not the whole moving part. My mom and dad are planning and coming down and helping us out. The apartment is just around the corner from where we're at now, but we have a lot of stuff...unfortunately. So we'll need some help.

Oh yes, while we were up north, my friend Anna took some more pictures of Mady for me. You can never have too many :). Here are some of my favorites. I'd put them all on, but I dear say there are too many. So too bad for you. Anyway, enjoy!










































No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.