Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mady is 2 months!

So I know this is a day late, but we don't have internet at home anymore so its kinda hard to find time to do it at the school when I have homework to do. I can't believe Mady is 2 months old! It seems like just the other day we brought her home from the hospital. She's starting to develop her own personality. Its adorable, but she can be a real pill sometimes.

A few things that I want to remember are:
♥ She loves making cute little sounds
♥ We play this game where we make sounds back and forth to each other. So cute!
♥ She loves having her diaper changed
♥ She loves being held and cuddled
♥ She sleeps for about 6-7 hours
♥ And best of all, she's starting to smile alot! I love it.

So we have learned that I cannot drink caffine. Its quite depressing since Mt. Dew is my favorite. But it makes Mady wired! During the day she will only take two one hour naps as a posed to 3-4 2 hour naps. And at night she will only sleep 3-4 hours compared to 6-7 hours. So as sad as it is, I've given up my Mt. Dew until I stop breastfeeding her.

Classes have been hard with Mady and not having the internet. I have now opted to going to work with Ray and having his help with Mady so that I can get my homework done. Its been great! Mady usually sleeps for 3-4 hours while at work so that she's not a big distraction. The only problem is that she wakes right up when we try and put her down; so she has to be held the whole time. Which is fine for us, if I'm reading my chapters I'll hold her and Ray is still able to play his games and do whatever while she's in his arms. I've really enjoyed my time with Ray at the labs, even though I'm just doing homework and he's playing his games. Just to have him close helping me out has been wonderful. Definitely beats being home alone trying to do it by myself.

Today we have two siblings graduating from highschool. Kim and Ethan. Its hard to believe my little sister is graduating! I'm sure Ray is thinking the same thing about Ethan. It seems like she's too young to be journeying out into the world and going to college and dating guys and possibly getting married in the next 2 years....ugh scary. At least she will be coming down to SUU to go to college. That way I can keep an eye on her and all the guys she'll be attracting. And I get another babysitter! Score!

So me and Ray are trying to loose some weight. Haha both of us have guts now! We are quite displeased. So we've been running and biking to the school with Mady and now we're trying to go swimming each morning before work for an hour. We've also been doing push ups, sit ups and crunches each night. Its been hard and we've been sore but its totally worth it. My goal is to have a bikini bod by the time our family goes to lake powell. But me and Ray are also wanting to get in shape for cedar city's half marathon. Its in September so hopefully we'll be able to do it.

This summmer, Justin, my brother has been living with us. He works for part of the week down at a ranch in the grand canyon and then has 2-3 days off during the week. So we're keeping his stuff at our place until next fall. He loves his job. I hope that we'll be able to go visit and see what he does down there. Justin is also dating this cute girl Jessica. I really like her, which is saying something. Since I've always had problems with the girls he's dated in the past. They seem to be getting serious so we'll see what happens :). I'd love to have her in the family.

Speaking of which, we're adding a new person to the family in the next week. Jemma is getting married to a guy named Jacob. He seems sweet enough. He's just someone I'll have to get used to, but as long as Jemma is happy that's all the matters. I'm sure that's what Ray's family thought when we were dating and decided to get married. Even Jemma outright showed her dislike for me. So just like her with me I'll have to get used to her fellow.

Ray's grandparents are also coming down for the wedding. We don't get to see them very often because they live in Oregon so we're excited to see them. Mady is their first great-grandchild. So I do believe they are excited to finally meet her.

Oh and before I go, I must give credit to my friend Rebekah. I stole her idea of putting up pictures of Mady on the side of her growing. So yes I am a copy cat but I loved the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.