Thursday, January 6, 2011

Late Anniversary

Ray and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary this past month. It's crazy to think it's only been 2 years - I feel like I've known him all my life and I can't imagine my life without him. I am so so very grateful for everything he has done for me. And for following the Lord's promptings through everything that was going on while we were dating, we would have not ended up together if he hadn't.I also wonder what would've happened if I never asked him on that first date......nah he'd probably would have found the guts to ask me....I hope.Even though we had many struggles to overcome during the first of our marriage, the Lord knew we would make it. There was no denying that we were meant to be together; although there were many times I would ask the Lord to reconsider - I always felt like I didn't deserve such an amazing man. I still think that.Because Ray worked on our anniversary, we decided to celebrate early. And being tight on money meant we'd have to be creative. I ran out of ideas quick and decided to call my mom. She told me to ask my relatives Pam and Winn to see if we could spend a couple of days there. Pam loves to host anyone and everyone, she always wanted my family to come up and stay with them. I thought of how perfect it would be - they have a HUGE house complete with a hot tub and an amazing view over the Salt Lake Valley. We could also see the lights at Temple Square, go do a session at the Salt Lake Temple for the first time, and whatever else catches our fancy. We had decided to invite our friends as well since it was their anniversary too. But they weren't able to come. So we invited the next people we thought would need it the most - Anna and Russell. Ray and I went up a day early to have sometime to ourselves before Anna and Russell came. We had a great time going out to eat, doing a session at the Temple, hot tubbing, a movie. It was so relaxing.

The next day, Anna and Russell came. We decided to just to dinner and then the lights because it was so late. Dinner was really good. We went to this pizza restaurant at the Gateway. Ahhh so good! Then we walked the couple of blocks to Temple Square to look at the lights.
Temple Square was amazing! It wasn't too cold either. It was fun to take pictures of us with the lights. We had a great time with Anna and Russell and we're so glad they were able to come and spend a nice evening away from the kids. We are also very grateful to Pam and Winn for letting us come to the gorgeous home and stay a few nights. Thank you so much! We love you!Our last stop before heading home was to visit the Hansen Planetarium...or I think that's what its still called. All the shows cost money now so we just had fun looking at their exhibits and playing around with their gift shop. Definitely a Hufflepuff. I love the fact that we both are weirdos.And of course can't forget the amazing presents! Thanks to my brother Justin, I was able to get Ray an xbox 360. Thank you so much Justin! Ray got me a little something too. Thanks lover!We also got each other a little something else....ok a big something else. We were in dire need of a car and my uncle gave us a great deal on this Honda Accord. We love it. Thanks Greg!
Ray thank you for an amazing two years. I look forward to the life ahead and all of its trials and joys. I wouldn't want anyone else to spend it with. You are such an amazing husband and father. I thank God everyday for sending me a miracle. You helped me become who I am today and you always help me better myself. Thank you for being you. I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.