skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Holiday Break
This break has been so nice, filled with many projects, relaxation, friends, and wonderful time spent with family. And when I mean many projects, I mean those "what was I thinking" projects. But that will have to be a whole separate post.
It was so nice to finally be done with the semester. And now that it was done, I could focus on Christmas, presents, and shopping with this girl!
This year, I had such a fun time picking out gifts for others. Not to mention how fun it was to make our little goody-bags for our neighbors and friends. I got the idea off of pintrest. I loved it! only I just had to pick an idea that was so time consuming. Good thing I have an amazing husband who puts up with me and my projects.
My first idea was actually really easy and delicious! Ray kept eating them. All you do is get pretzles and kisses or hugs (or both), then stick them in the oven for a few minutes so they melt. Let them cool, and then wala! Yummy wonderful goodness. I couldn't find a picture of where they were all finished, but you get the idea.
My other idea wasn't so easy. I saw the cutest cookies and thought, "I have to do those!" And so I did. But thank goodness for my husband. I was going to make my homemade sugar cookies and frosting, but Ray said it would be too much work. So we just bought some BettyCrocker. Smart man.
But then the cookies weren't as big as they were supposed to be, the frosting wasn't working. The marshmallows were too big and weren't melting right. And so on and so forth. And so, let me apologize to everyone who received our goodie bags. I'm sure those cookies were just awful - considering that everything about them was store bought. And I don't know about you, but store bought frosting is just nasty.
Christmas was just amazing and perfect. We were able to spend it with both families again this year.
I think I will be sad when the day comes that we won't be able to do this and we'll have to pick and choose like most couples, or just celebrate it on our own. But while it lasts, I will savor every moment.
At the Wayman's we did all our usual traditions. I didn't take many picture this year. But if your wanting some fun traditions for your family and are kid-oriented, go here.
It was fun opening all our presents. I was so stinkin excited for Mady to open hers. When we first went up to see what Santa had brought us, I was too excited for Mady to even notice what Santa had brought me. After seeing Mady's reaction to her Yo-Gabba-Gabba stuffed characters and bath toys, I looked to see what I had gotten. I was quite surprised. It was a Kinect! It has been so fun playing it with all our friends and family. But more on that in another post.
Then we went to the Martel's and celebrated with them. My father-in-law took all the pictures there, so I'll have to get those later. I did receive this beauty. I have wanted a new couch ever since I was married. We love it!
It was so fun being with everyone and going to my family parties while being up there. On New Years, we were able to spend it with our awesome friends. We made homemade pizzas, which were delicious, played some cards and board games. And then while all the boys did some of this
Us girls, did some fun cookie decorating. The cookies, which were made by Anna (the one in the red), were absolutely amazing!
It was so fun to be with our friends and family, and to celebrate the birth of our Savior. Oh! I almost forgot. This also happened over the break..... 
Awesome, no? Well happy holiday's everyone! Today is the first day of the new semester, wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.