Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Projects

I really liked doing these projects, even though most of the time I was saying, "what was I thinking?" I really like being crafty...or well in my case, pretending to be. I find it a way to release all my stress and I like to focus on something other than school.

In summer I got this idea that for Christmas I should give all my close friends and family members some cute blocks that you see all over PINTREST. I could get all the wood from my Dad, I'd cut them out, sand them, paint them, mod-podge them, and then Wa-la! A beautiful homemade present. Well I should have calculated school, child, and work in that. When I went home for Halloween, I spent a full 10 hours doing this:
My Dad helped me out a lot by doing the hard stuff. Luckily I could do most of the cutting. Except I became very scared of using one of the machines when I took of half the skin on my finger, so my Dad took pity and did the rest for me.After that, I hardly touched my blocks until after school. And I totally forgot about the whole sanding part. Ugh. That was awful stuff. Thankfully I have an awesome husband and a best friend who helped me alot.And and I can't forget my sweet little girl. She loved helping Mommy.And I must give a shout out to this awesome girl - KayLa! She used her cricut to cut out all the letters for me, which unfortunately took hours. But she was a good sport. Well to be frank, I only finished some of them. The rest I will finish....I will....sometime. But for now they look like this:Here's some of the finished ones (the last three are the actual pictures I got the idea from, but mine look exactly like them):My next project was the make my living room actually look like a living room. We just bought new gorgeous couches and I wanted it to look awesome. That meant buying some new curtains and a new collage of pictures. For the collage, I found the perfect one thanks to PINTREST. I set out the picture frames how I wanted them, put a marker dot where the nail holes would go, taped it to the wall and then started nailing.My curtains turned out great. It really adds the homey touch to it I think.For now, I think I got my fill of projects, don't you? My husband sure does :). For now I'll just focus on school for awhile....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.