Monday, February 6, 2012

An Update

Remember when I told you that I would be posting more? Well that was a lie. I, however, will promise to blog at least once a month. That's not to hard right? Let's just hope I won't be swallowing those words later.

Things have been anywhere from nice and relaxing to crazy scary balling my eyes out. School has been going good so far. Ray is so busy all the time working hard on his school work. He has started his clinicals - which take his to every hospital in the area (Beaver, Parawon, Cedar, St. George). They have him do 12 hours shifts, which is normal nursing hours. School for me is going good. Just work work work, then study study study, then a class here and there (since most of mine are online). Wednesdays are my worst days. I go from 12-9. I have this 3 hour class, that is only once a week thank goodness, on Economics. Shoot me.

Mady is getting so big! I can't believe that I"ll have a two year old in a month! When did that happen? She is talking all the time. I love when she says her prayers, its just too cute. Hopefully I can record it one of these times. She's been doing good after our little scare just the other week. She had had a fever for 4 days when we rushed her into the ER late at night. She had a fever of 104 on one ear and 105 on the other. She had to have an x-ray for her lungs, a catheter to check her urine, two needles (one of them was supposed to be the iv but they didn't get it in so they just drew blood again), another iv which didn't work either and they started feeling her arm up with fluids (that was scary), and then some medicine, given anally, to help with the fever. Ray gave her priesthood blessing to help her with the pain and to help to doctors figure out what was going on. After all that, we finally were able to go home around 3-4 in the morning. The few days after she was still acting sick but her fever had broke and her cough was better. She is now doing better than ever!This weekend we were able to go home and attend my littlest sisters baptism and my second oldest brother's Eagle. It was so nice to be with the family and so see my relatives. Ray had Nursing Convention that was mandatory for his class, so unfortunately he missed the events. He did, however, was able to visit his parents. Hopefully we can make it up there soon to visit them. We miss them. I just can't believe how old my siblings are, though. My baby sister is eight! Nathan, my second to oldest brother, now has his eagle and is coming down to SUU in the fall. Its crazy how time can creep up on you. I loved spending time with my family and seeing Mady ever so happy (because of how spoiled she was). Hopefully we'll be able to go back.Other things we have been up to:

Swimming:
Mady loves going to our recreation pool. It has a cute kid area she loves playing in. I always love taking her and playing with.Going to the park:
I've been trying to go out more with Mady instead of keeping her inside where its nice and warm. Luckily it hasn't been too cold and we were able to enjoy a nice couple of days at the park.
Games:
We've been spending some good quality family time playing with our Kinect. Its been so much fun! We've also been playing some Left4Dead lately. Its so much fun playing with Ray and Ethan, and getting some of our close friends as well. Its wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.