I didn't let Mady do it every night, since it doesn't get over until 11:30pm. But she was so excited nonetheless.
Even though I have seen the pageant every year, it never makes it that less special. To see the stories from the Book of Mormon come to life is such a special experience. The feelings that I feel when I watch my neighbors, friends, and family portray the various events that had to happen to have the gospel on this earth today is simply magical.
The testimonies that are strengthen, the Spirit that resides, and the hearts that are touched through this two hour program is simply magical. And my daughter and family helped make that happen.
If you are every interested in seeing the pageant, please visit this website - http://mantipageant.org/
Even if your not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, it is still a wonderful FREE event that you and your kids will love.
What was also special was that Mady was old enough to sit through the whole pageant and understand (for the most part) what was going on. She got really excited when she saw the part that she was in.
Carson didn't handle it too well. And after an hour, Ray called it quits and took him home. But he did look super cute in his tiger costume! And I got to spend more time with my bestie, Lesil!
With Mady staying up every other night for the Pageant, she slept in until about 11 every morning. After about 5 days, I told my family that Mady was done with the pageant.

We also went up north and visited Ray's family. Look how cute Mady is with her "Jaws" that we got from Sea World. She doesn't go anywhere without it now.

We love spending time with the Martel's.

Especially because its an excuse to make yummy treats every night!
June was not too good to Carson, though. He fevered for 5 days straight and was super orney.
I had to leave work early and work from home a lot.
Mady tried to be a good helper while he was sick and read him books. Sweet girl.
We later found out that he had Roseola. Poor guy. There's not much you can do for it except wait it out. Which was not fun for anyone.
But after about two weeks, we started seeing him smile again.
June ended with Carson feeling much better and we got to go out to Palisades and have a nice day in sun and water.













No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.