Monday, May 2, 2011

Can we go back to Sunday?

Sunday was AH-MAZ-ING. It was the first time in ....... say two months that we were able to attend Sunday school, Relief Society, and Priesthood and actually get something out of it. We are Nursery leaders once a month so that cuts one Sunday out. All the others, call us sluffers, but we will opt out of the last two hours of church due to Mady. Church is right during her nap time and man she is cranky. We don't get anything out of the lesson so we'll just head home. We REALLY need to work on that.

But this Sunday was so perfect. Fast and testimony meeting was so touching. The spirit was so strong. Ray bore such a profound testimony. Don't tell anyone, but I'm pretty sure I'm in love with that guy. Oh, he makes my heart melt. And to have such a wonderful example around me each day.....how did I get so lucky!? Thank you Barb and Joe for raising such an amazing man. Ray was also sick that day, so his voice was extra deep and sexy. Mhmm hmmm, I love that man.

Relief Society was amazing. We talked about changing our perspective. As we talked about it, I have realized how my perspective had changed so much in the past 5 years. Rewind 5 years ago, and you would have found a girl who didn't care much about a temple marriage, who didn't see the wrong in living with someone, how church was not important to me, I didn't care about an education.....the list goes on. That was this girl:
But then rewind only 3 years ago, a temple marriage was important to me, I wanted to come back to the church, I wanted to get an education, I wanted to be a worthy daughter of God again. Which was this girl:
And now we come to the future. I am all those things I yearned for. I have been endowed and sealed in the Holy Temple of God with a worthy priesthood holding man. We have made covenants to our Heavenly Father. I am going to school and am determined to get two masters degrees by the end of 2012. I have been blessed with the most beautiful girl God could give me. I feel so loved and complete. Which is this girl: My whole perspective has done a 180 (or is it a 360...). Even though I would not want to go through what I did 5 years ago, and hurt all those people I loved so dearly, I am thankful for those experiences. Because they have made me into the person I am today. I have learned from those experiences and am better for it. It may have take me longer than some, but I am on the path God has set before us. And despite whatever trial you have to overcome, the Lord will provide a way. I promise.

Ok, now that I have wasted 30 minutes of studying.. haha. I must get back.

But on a side note - I know what I want for mother's day (
Ray - hint hint) If you have not read this book, I seriously recommend it! I remember loaning it out to someone and I don't think I ever got it back....or maybe I did and I just misplaced it. Oh well. If anyone has seen my book, it has writing on the front cover - saying something like I love you and something something..... love always Gail Hyde. Or something like that. Yea...its been awhile. Anyways I NEED this book! (cough, Ray, cough) No but seriously. Read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.