Needless to say, my mind changed a lot growing up. And then in high school, I took some business classes. I LOVED it. But I wasn't in a very healthy relationship. And I wanted something I could do that wouldn't have me be in school. I was planning on living with this guy and moving all over the place. So I decided I would be cosmetologist. Easy, simple, enjoyable. I could do that. So I didn't put much effort into my schooling. All because I would do anything for this guy. I didn't need to have an education. Well that changed as well.
I came to SUU and took some more business classes. I fell in LOVE with my accounting class. It wasn't all numbers like everyone says. It was fun. And now here I am, one more semester until I graduate with my bachelors in accounting. And one more year after that until I graduate with my masters in accounting and in business administration. One more year until I am done with school. Maybe not with studying, as I want to become a CPA, but I will be done with classes.
I love the profession I chose. Although some days I wish I had gone into something like Physical Ed. Then I could wear this all day:
But no. I chose the profession where I have to wear clothes like this all day:
With my new job I have to wear clothes like this everyday. And well, needless to say most of my clothes looked more like the other picture. So I have done some major shopping and de-junking. I have gotten rid of so many things. My closet is getting smaller and smaller. It will take some time before I have a suitable closet for my job, or future jobs.I have found that dressing professional makes me feel wonderful. I am also finding how much Ray likes it too. I mean he never was upset when I went to places in t-shirts and sweat pants. But now that I dress like this everyday, he always makes sure to compliment me. Which makes me like to dress like this more. Although right when I come home from my 8-9 hours of work, I immediately undress into my comfy clothes.
So now that I have a career, I will have degrees, I work as an internal auditor, I dress in business clothes.....am I grown up?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.