To be honest, I feel like I am going through that "nesting" process that happens during pregnancy. I can't stand to have a messy house. Not to mention how much I have enjoyed cooking....sweets that is. You know how I wanted to loose weight? Haha well I'm not gaining, which is the good part - thanks to running and working out everyday, but I'm definietly not helping myself loose it. And what better way to have an excuse to make the sweets than to entertain. It has been so fun to have big BBQs and have great friends over to eat, laugh, and play. And what better than to have people over and not feel embarrassed cause my house being a disaster? Lovin this "nesting" feeling and so is my hubby....lets hope is stays awhile. The picture below? One of my favorite meals right now - stuffed peppers....oh man my mouth is watering.
2. Wayman Reunion
Every year my Dad's side of the family goes to Palisade Lake, right outside of Manti, and camps. Since I've been married, Ray and I haven't been able to attend, until this year. It was so fun, even though we only stayed one night. It was wonderful to see everyone and Mady had a blast. She was in heaven having so many kids to play with, not to mention the lake and pools we had set up. We didn't even try to put her down for her naps. She didn't do well in the night because of the wind. Unfortunetly, Cedar City's wind followed us. Mady woke up quite a few times saying, "Mady's scared! Mady's scared!". Poor girl. She slept really good the next night, in my aunts house. Hopefully we'll be able to make it next year.
3. Stake Youth Conference Trek
I had the wonderful opportunity to go with my awesome girls on a trek. It was a quite stenuous, difficult, emotionally draining, fun trip. I am so glad that I was able to go with such amazing youth and be able to experience something that was a little too real compared to what the pioneers really went through. I am so grateful for the chance I had to become closer with my girls as well as my leaders. We had a lot of fun admist the circumstance. And I'm so grateful to get to know and become friends with the other youth in our stake. We have such strong youth in our stake and I am so grateful to them for their faithfulness, love, and compassion that was shown. It was a trip I will never forget. Below is a picture of my family. Brother Rose and I were the Ma and Pa of one of the biggest families. We had 13 children - 6 girls and 7 boys.
This is a picture of the girls in my ward. Aren't they just as lovely as ever? From right to left - Jamie, Morrigan, Tori, Tabby, and me.
4. Playing Endlessly with Mady
Mady has been so funny lately with everything she has been doing. She keeps us constantly on our toes, while making us laugh endlessly. She is always watching us, to where we are starting to have to keep her out while we do things. Case and point - she loves putting on deodorant uder her "ampits". And due to my carelessness, I have had to put my tampon box way out of her reach. Due to her trying to use one while sitting on the "big potty". She loves to try and feed her fishy. And don't even mention the fridge. She loves getting her own food and drink. She's been really good and eating things but not finishing them. She eats a couple bits then she's done. Then she brings us something else she wants to eat, again and again. She is getting really good and counting to ten and saying her ABCs. I also love that she says please and thank you to just about anything you give or do for her. I just can't get enough of her! Love love love her!
I had to share this picture, it just cracks me up how funny she is. She wanted to go outside, but I told her not till she got dressed. So her way of getting dressed was to put on her pajama shirt, pink panties, and her boots.
Mady has also started to sit through movies. She loves sitting in her princess chair and watching whatever show. Dora the Explorer and Yo Gabba Gabba is what she will sit through episode after episode. I know, such a bad Mom for letting her watch them. But there are somedays where she does not want to go outside and play, and I have laundry, homework, cleaning, work, or cooking to do - sometimes all the above. So I think I'm entitled to some "Bad Mom Days". Don't you?
5. Friends
I can't even begin to describe how lucky we are to have such amazing friends surrounding us. In the past year we have grown so close to so many amazing people. The Munks, who have been there for us for quite sometime now, who are so amazing in every way. We are so sad we won't be able to live next door to them come next month, but we're glad that their only a ten minute drive away. I don't know what we would do without them. I can't even begin to express how grateful I am to the two cutest pregnant ladies I know, Kylee Dowse and Ashley Whetman. I love the girl time we have just hanging out outside while all three of our babes play. Mady loves playing with Maddox and Ty. And I love my girl time. We have loved getting to know our newest neighbors - the Burnetts. They are seriously such an awesome couple! Not only are they so fun and make us laugh constantly, Mady is in love with them. She is always asking for "Paul? Kylee? Where are they?" It is so cute. It has been so much fun hanging out with them. We love how active and full of energy they are, which makes us go out and have fun. Geez does that make us sound old? We love hanging out with them. Also I have to give a huge shout out to Ray's awesome Nursing buddies! We have gotten to know two couples who we absolutely love - Tricia and Joe, and Aaron and Taylor. Seirously these are the most amazing people ever. And don't even get me started on my besties Alicia and KayLa. These two girls are like my sisters. I don't know where I would be without them. How lucky are we to have such awesome people to hang out with? So blessed!
6. Early Birthday Presents
Man this year I have been SPOILED! My Dad has been working on Ray and I's birthday present for a couple of months now. Just last week my Dad brought down the finishing project. Isn't it amazing!? We LOVE it! Best present ever! We love how we have a place for all our important papers, our bills, coupons, paychecks, homework papers, and so on. It has been wonderful! Thank you so much Dad! You did such an amazing job! Love you!!
As you see from above, I said "Present 'S'. Yep, that is plural. My bestie, KayLa, bought me a present that ties the best present ever. She bought me tickets to my favorite musical - Les Miserables!!!!! She is sooooo awesome! We go this Wednesday and we couldn't be more excited. I have seriously been counting down the days. Thank you so much, KayLa! You are seriously the BEST!!! Oh PS - have you seen that their making a new Les Miserables??? I am so excited! It comes this December!! Go HERE to watch the preview. It may or may not have brought tears to my eyes.
7. Glitter Toes!
I've been wanting some cute toes FOREVER now that it has been summer. So one day I decided to do something about it. I was a little skeptical, but thanks to this awesome girl and her amazing blog, I was able to make my toes look FANTASTIC! I wish I had gotten a picture of all of my friend's toes, but mine will have to suffice. I love love love them!
8. BOOK!
I finally found a book to read that is not a textbook! And man, it has been so hard not to just be consumed by it and forget the world. It is SOO good! I've heard about the Wheel of Time series back in highschool, but I never read it. Thanks to my neighbor, Paul, I am sucked into it. I haven't even been watching any of my tv shows - which is saying something. And to just think, there are 13 books in the series. I'm nervous for what this means for me come fall when school starts and I'm taking 15-18 credits worth of Master classes. I don't see any good coming from that. Hopefully I will be able to manage my time between it and school. Or maybe take a break all together. With me luck on that one.
9. Job Offers
I feel as if I have been so blessed lately with potential job opportunities. Remember when I told you about my job interview I had with a firm in SLC? If not go here - Item number 2. Anyways, I haven't heard back from their firm if I have or haven't gotten the job. But the more I have thought about it over the past few weeks, the more I am completely fine if I don't get it. Even though it is exactly what I want and the pay would be nice as well as benefits and most of all the experience, I feel it would be very hard on my family. In the meantime, I have met with two other firms, both of which has offered me potential jobs. One in Orem and the other in Ephraim. We haven't decided anything yet, but we are so grateful for the opportunities coming our way and know the Lord is looking out for us.
10. Horseback Riding!
I can't even begin to explain how awesome today was. It was the BEST DAY EVER! Seriously, I was in Heaven! Our amazing friends, Taylor and Aaron, invited us to their Grandparents farm just outside of New Harmony to go horseback riding with them. Their Grandpa had the most beautiful land I have ever seen with the most gorgeous log cabin house, backyard, arenas, barns (yes that's plural), and everything! He has over 80 acres of land! I wish I had taken pictures of his gorgeous house. It was like I was living my dream. It was sooo beautiful. The house was big enough for their whole family to come stay for reunions and such. They had so many rooms, great rooms, kitchens, bathrooms galore, game rooms, and so on. It was amazing. And their horses were so pretty. He has about 10, I think, maybe more. Next time I'll take pictures. Taylor invited me to go riding with her more. Oh, how I have missed it! I can't thank them enough for making today the best day ever for me! It was so much fun! Here are a few pictures of the day:
Well there you have it. Most of what has been going on at the Martels. I promise I'll be better at updating. If I'm not, feel free to bug me about it. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.