Hey, remember me? Geez I am getting so bad at this blogging thing. We've been so busy lately, its been hard for me to find the time to do it. We have been partying it up with so many friends and family. Every night we're out doing something. Its been hard for me to motivate myself to finish my last two summer classes before we leave on our 3 week vacation next week. It seems like just yesterday I had 3 weeks and now I'm down to one! Ahhh! Time to really buckle down. Anyways here's a little of what has been going on the past while. I've tried to be diligent in taking pictures of everything, but I haven't been very successful. Oh well. There's still a TON of pictures. Enjoy!
Ray and I had the amazing opportunity to go to my all time favorite musical - Les Miserables! It was such a good play. I was a little disappointed in Jean Valjean. He had a gorgeous voice but he couldn't belt out the high notes. Overall, it was SO good! Thank you KayLa for such a wonderful birthday present! My boss also gave us tickets to two more plays - To Kill A Mocking Bird and Scapin. The first one was a little slow but it was still good. Scapin was so funny though. I was laughing so hard I started crying. Oh, man it was so good!
Summer Games! Our friends Kylee and Paul were in the ultimate frizbee tournament and we decided to go support them. They did awesome! They won third overall. I totally think they would have won first if it weren't for the wind. It was brutal. But we still had a lot of fun watching them! Maybe next year I'll join their team.
Mady and Dori are so cute together. They LOVE playing with each other and get so excited when they see each other. So adorable. I just happened to snatch this cute picture just in time. They were watching a movie and were so snuggly and cute together. I'm so glad Mady has good friends her age to play with.
Remember how I said we had been doing things every night? Yep, well sometimes we stay up a little too late and then put on a movie and this is what happens. Haha best picture every. This is Aaron and Taylor Remer, this is usually what happens when we turn on a moive late at night. Its been so fun hanging out with them and eating dinner at 9-10pm at night just so Ray can eat with us. Haha love it!
So I had to post a picture of this. Ray and I were in the other room when we heard a huge crash. We ran in to find this. We had a large vase full of coins sitting atop the toilet. I know perfect place huh? I have no idea what made it fall but my favorite vase is no more. I was a little sad over it. Of course, before I just cleaned everything up and put the coins somewhere else, I had to count them to see how much we had saved.
$98.59. Ray and I had always said that when the vase was full we would go on a big trip. Yeah we didn't even get 1/4 of the way. But oh well, I'll just have to buy another huge vase and keep going.
The 4th of July was way fun with all our friends. I was a little bummed out when I found out Ray had to work and my plans for going to Ephraim to celebrate went down the drain. But it was so much fun being with our friends and hanging out with everyone. We all got up early and went to the parade, which was ok. Nothing fancy.
Poor Mady was so scared of all the loud firetrucks and police cars that went past. Paul was kind enough to try and plug her ears to make it more bearable.
Mady and Dori had so much fun with Paul in catching the candy and stuffing it in their mouths.
We then grabbed some luch and went to the lake for some sun tanning and cooling off. It was a perfect day to play in the lake. Mady had a blast in the water. Dori was a little scared after he took a spill and went under water. He just stayed on the beach after that.
All the guys - Dion, Paul, and Ray
All of us girls - Ada, Shay, and Kylee
Oh and can't forget little Baby Boy Munk. Isn't her belly so cute! Makes me miss it.
Dori and Mady playing in the sand.
Such a cute couple, no?
Ray had to leave to work as soon as we got home, so he missed our big BBQ. We had all our friends come over and eat some delicious grub and play some games before fireworks. It was so much fun!
Because of the fires, Cedar was only allowed to do fireworks at five different spots around town that had big parking lots. We didn't buy any fireworks for ourselves so it worked out perfectly because we just mooched off of everyone elses. Mady didn't like the noise too much and sat in my lap the whole time but she loved watching the "pretty lights". Ray also got off at 9:30 just in time to watch the big ones the city puts off.
Paul and Kylee had some sparklers that we let the little kids play with. Mady was entranced by them.
Ray was so sweet this year. He suprised me the day before my birthday by packing a bag for Mady and I and whisking us away. I had no idea where he was taking us, but when I woke up in Richfield, I realized we were going to my house. I was so excited! My family was waiting for us at my favorite restruant - Snow Dragon where we had a delicious lunch. We then did some shopping where my Mom had me pick out my favorite meal. I decided a nice taco salad with fruit sounded delicious.
I really wanted to go visit my Grandparents and play some games with them. So we had dinner and cake with them as well. We also did presents. It was so much fun!
We had some delicious icecream snickers cake with oreo icecream and then a strawberry lemon yogurt cake I made. It was all so good.
I love this man so much! He does so much for me! Thanks for such an amazing birthday! I love you!
Don't I have the cutest family alive? I think so too.
The next day before we left, my family took us bowling. It was a lot of fun!
It was Mady's first time bowling, and she loved it!
On our way out of town, we stopped by the Temple for Mady. She is so obssessed with Temples, its so cute. She was just in awe over the Manti Temple.
I was ready to get back to Cedar and to get things done. However, I didn't know Ray had something else up his sleave. But we left EPhraim a little too early, so Ray drived 60mph the whole way as well as made some stops. We were listening to a book on tape so I thought Ray was just enjoying it and wanted to go slow; which I was fine with. Mady and I slept most of the way anyways.
We also stopped at Cove Fort and decided to do the tour. At first I didn't want to go, I just wanted to get home. But I"m glad we took the time to do the tour. It was so nice there and the Spirit so strong.
Of course, we had to take a few pictures.
And some more
Don't we make such lovely pioneers?
These are the gun holes that surround the Fort.
I really liked this room. Our tour guide told us how the Pioneers wouldn't wasted anything. She told us about how the bed sheets in the corners would be used until they were worn out. Then they would be made into pants, then pants to socks, then socks to yarn, then yarn to rugs, then rugs to burn in the fires, then the ashes would be used to make soap. I may have missed something in there but isn't that amazing? Makes me think of all the crap I throw away could potentially be used for somthing else.
We left Ephraim at 4:30pm and go to Cedar at 8:30pm. Ray made it take four hours for us to get home. And the reason being is because all my friends were waiting to have a birthday dinner with me, but they couldn't do it until 8:30. So Ray had to buy us some time. Haha thanks so much you guys! I love you all! Best birthday ever!
I stayed up last night doing until two in the morning doing my homework, watching some chick flicks, and making these lovely meals. I'm so excited to try them out. I made 8 crockpot meals that can be frozen and then just thrown into the crockpot when we want them. It'll be so nice when I'm too tired or lazy to cook something up. Thank you Pintrest!
Well there you have it. I may or may not have time to post before we leave for three weeks. I have ALOT to get ready before then. I have to have all the stuff done for my classes, Mady packed for three weeks. Me packed for three weeks. I need to pack for Girl's Camp. I need to finalize my devotional for Girl's Camp. And so much more! Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.