I had big plans for Halloween months before. I love having the whole family dress up as characters from the same movie or whatever. I had planned us doing Alice in Wonderland after seeing this adorable costume on Pinterest; with Ray being the Mad Hatter, and I being Alice.
But then lots of things happened, and when my Dad was going through his kidney failure, I just had no motivation to put together this costume for Mady, despite having most of the materials. So I bought her a Belle costume and called it good. My professor also decided to have class that night - from 5:30-8:30. So that ate up the time I was going to take Mady trick-or-treating. Luckily I have an awesome brother and sister who took her for me. She loved it. She always said please and thank you as she went door to door and received a lot of candy. I'm pretty sure we still have some to this day.I was really excited to do pumpkin carving with Mady this year, with her being old enough and everything. I'm not that into it, in fact I'm not into a lot of those not so big holiday traditions (St. Patricks, Easter egg hunting....), but having a kid really changes that (for which I'm glad). So we had Mady pick out two pumpkins for us. And then Ray cut off the tops and showed Mady how to take out the guts.
After one good touch of the insides, she was so grossed out. She wouldn't even go near one after that. She cried until I got the guts off of her, poor girl. So Ray did one and I did the other. I wanted to do Dora for Mady but I wasn't able to find a tracer thing at Walmart. So I got a picture off of the internet and just drew it. Thank goodness it didn't turn out too bad and you can tell what it is.
Here's Mady with Maddox holding the two pumpkins we made.
And the finishing project on the porch
We also went to the Ward Halloween Party. Which was super fun. We loved all the activities that were set up. Mady especially loved the fishing one.
My Young Women's did face paint, which was a huge hit with the kiddo's. I"m glad that I was able to come for at least a little bit after my class. Here's Mady's cute yellow heart.
Mady then decided she wanted to paint Mommy's face too. But I'm not that brave. So I let her paint my hand. Looks pretty good eh?
Despite the craziness, I"m glad Mady still had fun. Hopefully next year it will be better and Ray and I both can take her trick-or-treating.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.