This past October, SUU was given what was called "Harvest Holiday". It was nice to have a few days off. It even coincided with my parents and their holiday. Because my Dad had just gotten home from the hospital, my Mom wanted him to have some peace and quiet, where he could rest all day long. So she took the kids down to Cedar to play with us. It was fun to have a few days with them, doing whatever we wanted. We went swimming, hiking, played games, watched movies, and ate at yummy restaurants. I didn't take many pictures while they were here, except for the one day we decided to go to Snow Canyon in St. George.
We first went out to eat at my favorite place - Buca di Beppo. If you haven't eaten there, go now, and then come back and finish reading.
After eating, all the kids wanted to go down in the lava caves. I hiked them when I first came to SUU, but not since. So it had been a good four years, and I couldn't remember how difficult they were. I didn't remember them being that hard, but I was quite active back them and didn't have a two year old. It was crazy with Mady. I kicked myself for not bringing my headlamp so I could have both my arms. But it was fun, and we can say we did it.
We then saw another fun trail that the kids wanted to go on, so off we went. My sister, Kim, was even sweet enough to help me carry Mady. She's quite the heavy kid. She was quite the trooper. I was really impressed with how well she did carry Mady up and down the hills!
We never actually found the place we were supposed to hike to, and to make it better, we were two miles from where we parked. The kids were upset and complaining, so my Mom and I decided to hike back and then pick up the kids and go play on the sand dunes. They had so much fun burying the two little girls in the sand, digging holes, and then jumping off one of the hills. Mady loved playing in the sand and watching her aunts and uncles be crazy's.
Breanne being buried.
My Mom and I watching the kids get all sandy.
Kim jumping off the sand hill.
Mady playing in the sand.
Tiffany getting buried in the sand by Mady.
Tiffany jumping off the sand hill.
Michael and Aaron digging a hole with Breanne.
Michael being put in the hole.
Breanne jumping
Michael doing a cool turn in the air.
Aaron doing a front flip and landing it.
Mady playing in the sand and getting it in every nook and cranny.
Overall, we had such a fun few days with the whole family. Mady was in heaven with all the attention she was getting. Hopefully we can do it again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.