Sunday, June 30, 2013

Goodbyes and More

 June was the last time we saw Nathan. Kimberly and him had their farewell the Sunday before he left. Which was such a great event and many people attended. Isn't our family getting big?? It's going to be crazy when everyone's married and popping out grandkids.
 We all drove up north to drop Nathan off at the MTC. This was the last time we saw him and said our goodbyes. So sad, but we know he's doing great work for the Lord.
 June was also a hard month. I was laid off by my job, due to financing issues. It was devastating, but a tender mercy in disguise. I was able to spend more time with this cute girl.
So we had a camp-out, outside on our deck. Mady was super excited, I thought we were going to have a hard time getting her to sleep. But when Ray and I went in to brush out teeth, we came back out to this:

 Coming up with things to do that don't cost money in Sanpete is a little hard if you don't have fun toys; i.e. 4-wheelers, trucks, bikes. So I had to be a little creative.
 Mady wanted to go swimming. But I didn't want to drive to Ephraim and spend money.
 So up the canyon we went.
 Mady played for a good two hours. If I had thought to bring lunch we'd have probably stayed longer.
 This is now our go to place when Mady's bored and its nice outside.
 I just bring a good book and a chair and I'm good to go.
 Dress-up at Grandma's is always a favorite thing to do.
 And a pool with friends and snacks? What more could you ask for.
 Dancing is another fun thing we do. Mady loves to get all dressed up and dance to videos on youtube.
 And when I'm just plain tired and lazy, the pool on the deck suffices. This particular day,, I told Mady to get her swimsuit on. Her response: "Mom, there are no boys around to see me." Smart girl...
And the last thing I want to mention that happened in June is that Ray passed his boards! He is officially an Registered Nurse. He passed in 80 questions; which if any of you know anything about the test, that is AMAZING!! So proud of him. I don't know what I did to deserve him, but I'm glad I have him. Great job lover!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.