Lake Powell was so much fun this year, despite being pregnant. I was really worried, because last time I went to Lake Powell pregnant, I was a raging hormonal psychopath. IT. WAS. BAD. I think God heard my countless prayers and hormonal crying moments about how worried I was about this trip.
On our drive, we had to stop a few times with Mady drinking juice and me being pregnant. There were some really pretty pit stops on the way, though.
Mady really enjoyed the scenery, too.
Mady had so much fun. She loved being in the water, playing in the sand, and just plain being outside. She wore Ray and I out with how much energy she had everyday.
Since we always go to Lake Powell during Barb's birthday, Ray and I decided to start making a tradition of homemade rootbeer and icecream cake. As you can see...the cake didn't make it this year, unfortunately. Maybe next year.Mady sure is stylin! I love these pictures. She thought she looked so cool.
We also talked Dad into letting us bring friends! Brandon and Annie were able to come with us. It was so fun to have them there.
Best part about Lake Powell right here - just laying out, dozing off, and just talking.
Pretty much the best thing ever when your 17 weeks pregnant.
Can't forget about our amazing sand castle! This one definitely made the top 5.Brandon and Annie, cutest couple out there. Even with that hat. :)
We all went on a hike to the "Eye". Which is where you can see Halls Bay and Bullfrog.
Joey and Naketa led the way.
After a few days of being at Lake Powell, we found that there was something wrong with the run-around boat. So we didn't get to go out on the lake and through the canyons the rest of the week. It wasn't very fun having to stay at the boat all the time, but thank goodness for good company and games.
Dad did let us take the boat for one last short run to Lost Eden with Brandon and Annie. It was Annie's first time going to Lake Powell, so at least she got to see something.
Can't wait till next year!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.