Last year in Cedar City, I took Mady to the fair and she had a blast. When she saw that the fair was in town, she begged and begged to go. So after having her to some jobs to earn money, we all got in the car to go.
We first went to the parade that morning. Mady got so much candy!
It must have been her cute factor.
Ray and I were super upset when we saw what the prices were for the tickets to ride the rides. Ray was against it, but when I tried to explain to Mady that we wouldn't be going on rides, she burst into tears saying she did jobs to earn money.
I couldn't bear to have Mady so sad when she earned that money, even if it was only a $1.00. So I went and bought the tickets anyways.
Mady was so happy, it was totally worth it.
We also took Mady around these houses which told about farm life. It was an Eagle Scout project for a young man in the area. It's so stinkin cute and free!
Mady thought these cockroaches were cool. Good thing Ray was here, because I didn't even go into that house.
This was probably my favorite - teaching the kids how to milk a cow.
Mady thought it was pretty cool.
It wouldn't be a fair without all the animals. Mady sure loved the cute calves.
This bull was sooo huge! I couldn't believe how big he was.
He weighed in at 2,530 lbs!
I was really upset with a few of the rides there, like the merry-go-round and a few others. They wouldn't let Ray or I go stand by Mady while she rode without us paying as well. So ridiculous. I understand the FerrisWheel. But the others were ridiculous.
So I let Mady choose just one of the rides that we had to go on with her. She chose the Ferris Wheel. She wanted to go on it again, but we didn't have enough for the both of us.
So I let Mady go on the playground. She was hesitant at first, because we couldn't go with her. But she eventually did it. And she loved it!
I'm not sure what we will do the next time the fair is in town. I may just wait and go to the ones in Cedar or up north by Ray's parents. Since those ones don't rip you off AS BAD as the one down here in Sanpete. But at least Mady had fun. That's all that mattered.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.