Easter was really fun this year, mostly because Mady was old enough to know what was going on and get so excited over finding eggs. We always celebrate the fun Easter activities on Saturday and then Sunday we celebrate the more spiritual side of Easter. I like having the separation, and I feel it helps Mady make the connection between the Savior and Easter.
Friday evening we all did colored our eggs. Mady was so excited, she loved every second.
Saturday morning, we all woke up to find our Easter baskets that the "Easter Bunny" had hidden outside. Mady was so excited to find hers.
Ray found his in a tree and mine was on top of our RV. My Mom made one for our little family, which was on top of Annette's garage.
Mady helped Annette find hers.
Ray and I did each others baskets. I bought Ray a new pair a shoes and some of his favorite snacks.Ray was so sweet to buy me all my favorite treats, new running headphones, and a pregnancy test. I think he is hinting at something...
Mady got a lot of little treats and a cute Dora book.
After we opened our baskets, I had to go to work. So I didn't get to see the Easter egg hunt. But Ray took some video and pictures. He said Mady had so much fun finding all the eggs all over the yard. She would scream with delight when she found one.
I may have gone a little overboard on the eggs, but the good news was that most of them were empty. I thought it would be fun for her to just find the eggs, even if they were empty.
The other kids still had to find their baskets. The Easter Bunny is such a good hider.
Ephraim City always has a Easter egg hunt for the children. Each baseball field is for different age groups for the kids. They fill the whole field with candy. Mady had a blast running and grabbing the candy.
By lunch time we packed up for a picnic out at Palisade lake. Its a tradition in our family to roll our colored eggs down hills. Here's Mady pretty eggs that she colored.
My Mom throwing our eggs back so we can roll them some more.
Sunday we had a nice Easter dinner - in which all our food was put in Easter baskets.
Here is Mady's Easter dress that she choose out. Such a pretty little princess.
We had a nice Sunday lesson about the Savior and what Easter Sunday means and why we celebrate it. It was such a wonderful weekend, we enjoyed ever second of it.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.