I wanted to do a treasure hunt kind of a thing, just like how they do it in the episodes of Dora. So with that in mind, I started decorating different rooms in the house. I first started blowing up all the balloons that would be going outside and in the main room.
Then I put together the rainbow bridge where the grumpy old troll would be at. I bought poster board, found a picture of the grumpy old troll online and then drew it, colored it, and cut it out.
Next was the kitchen. I bought streamers in her colors - pink, purple, and orange - and put them up over the table. I found a cute Dora happy birthday sign at K-mart along with cups, napkins, and plates. I then grabbed Mady's life size Dora and put her up as well.
The day before I had Mady help me make her cake.
I planned on doing an elaborate Dora fondant cake. However just days before I broke my pinky finger on my right hand. So unfortunately, I had to improvise. I found a Dora shaped cake online with regular frosting and tried to copy it as best I could. Not too bad, right?
I also made cupcakes for the party. I wanted to save the actual cake for her family party we would have the next day. This is what was on the table with the crayons and Dora pictures to color when the kids arrived for the party.
When all the kids arrived, I had them all sit down to color Dora pictures until everyone got there. Then we opened presents in the living room, while I had my Mom quickly put up my posterboard Swiper (I didn't take a picture of - darn it) and my little sister run to the baby monitor to pretend to be Swiper.
Once presents where done, I asked if everyone wanted to come eat some cake. So we all went back to the kitchen only to find the cake was gone! Swiper was there and my Sister said over the hidden baby monitor, "You're too late! You'll never find your birthday cake now!" Immediately, Mady collapsed and started crying. We hurried to assure her that we would find it. But we needed to ask for help! All the kids screamed, "The Map!"
On the Map was places we needed to go. First on the list was Lollipop forest.
Each kid needed to find two lollipops in order to go to the next place. So everyone quickly searched through the wheat to find it.
Next on the Map was Spooky forest.
Everyone needed to pin the red boots on Boots the Monkey. They had fun doing that.
Next we went to the Chocolate tree, where everyone needed to find three chocolate eggs.
The last place we had to go was to Rainbox Bridge, where the Grumpy Old Troll had a riddle they needed to solve - which was to count to ten. My other sister spoke on the baby monitor to the kids, who were so excited to hear. Their faces were priceless!
We then found the cake in the piano bench which would only open if you said the magic word - "Abre". After we all went back to the kitchen to eat cupcakes.
These were the party favors that I made for all the kids.
She had so much fun with all her friends. They didn't want to leave right after, they wanted to play some more, especially in the wheat. I had so much fun planning, I can't wait till next year!
Sunday we had a family party for Mady right after Church. We invited my Grandparents over to celebrate with us. She sure was spoiled. All her aunts and uncles gave her presents - 7 altogether. Then Aunt Annette gave her presents, along with both Grandparents and Ray and I. Needless to say there was A LOT of present opening.
Here is Mady with all her presents - spoiled little child.
After we all gathered for cake and icecream.
I am so blessed to have Mady. God knew I needed her early in my life, because she has been my light leading me through hard times, and my rock when I feel like I'm falling. She is there to make me smile, laugh, hold, learn, and grow. She has taught me so much in these short three years, as I'm sure she will continue to teach me for the rest of forever. I love her more than I can say. Happy birthday Madelynn, I love you.















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.