Friday, May 10, 2013

Our Christmas Holiday


 Christmas was so much fun this year. We ended up moving mine and Mady's stuff up just a couple of weeks before. I accepted a job offer from Morris Casperson's in Ephraim, while Ray accepted an internship with Gunnison hospital. Because Ray still had school twice a week, we still kept our apartment down in Cedar for him.
 
It was a lot of fun getting ready for Christmas. Mady spent a lot of time playing in the snow with Ray, while I stayed warm by the fire.
 
As usual, the Waymans have all our traditions Christmas Eve. So we all gathered for a delicious Christmas dinner.
Then we all dressed up to act out the nativity.
Then it was time to share our talents with the family. I didn't get pictures of everyone, just of Mady and Ray. They did such a great job! Mady loved when Ray helped her play a song on her violin.
Then we celebrated Jesus's birthday and wrote down our gifts for him for the year.
We then were able to open one gift, which were our pjs. We then shipped everyone else off to bed so the Santa helpers could get everything ready.  
That Christmas morning, all the kids ran upstairs to see what Santa had brought them. They were so excited. I took a video of Mady so I don't have any pictures of her.
After everyone saw their Santa present, we all ran downstairs and started sorting the presents from family and friends. There were A LOT.
 
 Here is Mady sitting in our family's present stash.
 Mady sure had a lot of fun opening her presents, and everyone else's for that matter.
This year, I had to become a little creative in wrapping my gifts to everyone because we were moving. I forgot I had wrapped Kim's gift in my breast pump box. She was really surprised when she saw the box. Haha
 Mady finished opening her Stocking and loved everything in it.
After everyone opened their presents, we jumped in the car to race up to Lindon for the Martel's Christmas. It was nice to come to the quiet calm Martel house after being at the high energy loud Wayman house.
Mady loved her present from Grandma and Grandpa!
Our Martel present stash: 
After presents, we spent a relaxing day playing with our toys.  
And making/eating some delicious grub with the whole family. 
 
During our Christmas break, both of my families (the Monson's and Wayman's) had their Christmas parties. So I decided to do what I really enjoy - make fondant cakes. I had so much fun making them, and for it only being my forth and fifth time, I think I'm improving!
Since the Wayman family party was in Taylorsville, Ray and I decided to take Mady to see the lights at Temple Square. She was so excited! She is very obsessed with Temples and lights always make it that much better.
We parked at the new mall, which was so gorgeous with the lights and water!
Mady loved seeing the lights and being so close to the Temple. It was so fun and I can't wait till next year.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.